TNyoteboy (1279)

Verg (1223)

cwilli403 (1089)

brnn53 (888)

geocacher0844 (794)

Matt in NC (775)

Follow Us!
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of We Dig Dixie on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Awfully quiet out there...
Today at 6:07 am by TNyoteboy

» Another Cav site
Yesterday at 10:24 am by geocacher0844

» New Display Cases "made"
October 22nd 2014, 11:30 am by Jcostin

» A good columbian or just Folgers coffee,,,
October 20th 2014, 1:46 pm by Opie

» NPS gets it wrong again?
October 19th 2014, 2:07 pm by Papa Bear

» Before and after on a pistol
October 9th 2014, 8:52 pm by we digem

» cleaning silver
October 7th 2014, 9:31 pm by cwilli403

» Facebook page up and running.
October 7th 2014, 8:54 pm by Papa Bear

» A reminder about Banner nominations
October 7th 2014, 7:07 pm by Papa Bear

» UT Hunt with Matt and DFX #2
September 30th 2014, 8:25 pm by Papa Bear

» Western Branch of We Dig Dixie Hunt w/Matt in NC
September 29th 2014, 9:02 pm by Matt in NC

» UT Hunt with Matt and DFX #3
September 27th 2014, 1:25 pm by Papa Bear

» UT Hunt with Matt and DFX #1
September 27th 2014, 10:37 am by DW

» Troubles
September 27th 2014, 8:36 am by csachipper

» Anyone big fans of the Pivothead camera sunglasses?
September 26th 2014, 11:05 pm by cwilli403

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 88 on August 12th 2013, 3:06 pm
Statistics
We have 381 registered users
The newest registered user is Jerry SC

Our users have posted a total of 25179 messages in 3246 subjects
Share | 

Garrett Pin Pointer Probs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ConfCav
Platnium Member
Platnium Member

PostSubject: Garrett Pin Pointer Probs   December 6th 2011, 7:05 pm

My pin pointer is acting up and sending it back to Garrett for repair/replacement. Less than 6 months old. Has been starting to signal lately when there is nothing in the hole and/or gives false signals away from the target if that makes sense. Has also started to signal if I press it firmly (not pound) against my palm or packed dirt when scraping. Also will continue to signal non-stop when removed from a hole. Have to turn it off to get it to stop and then turn back on to scan the hole. Doesn't happen with each use but enough to be frustrating and have to continue to re-scan the hole with the MD to make sure all objects were removed.

I got some test dirt with no metal in it and sometimes it will signal when I insert it and sometimes not like it should. All this started about a week or so ago. Anyone else have these problems? Called Garrett and they said to send it in since still 18 months on the warranty. Not sure what is causing this; clean it up after every trip and has never been submersed in water.
Back to top Go down
goonie1day
Platnium Member
Platnium Member

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Pin Pointer Probs   December 6th 2011, 8:52 pm

Sounds like there's something wrong with it to me. I've never heard many complaints about the Propointer. The first one I had was one of those B.H. pinpointers and it started doing the same thing as yours. When I lightly pressed it in the dirt it would go off. Yeah, you better get that replaced. You may have to live without it for a few days. Hope you get it straightened out Cav.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=800870143
ConfCav
Platnium Member
Platnium Member

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Pin Pointer Probs   December 7th 2011, 7:21 pm

goonie1day wrote:
Sounds like there's something wrong with it to me. I've never heard many complaints about the Propointer. The first one I had was one of those B.H. pinpointers and it started doing the same thing as yours. When I lightly pressed it in the dirt it would go off. Yeah, you better get that replaced. You may have to live without it for a few days. Hope you get it straightened out Cav.

Its being mailed out tomorrow; PO was closed by the time I got there today. I agree with you I've never heard any complaints about the Garrett PPs so hoping they'll just ship me a new one instead of repair. Will be interesting to hear what is the problem. Took good care of it and wiped off after every use. Problem is I'm used to having this PP now and has been especially handy with deeper and/or smaller objects. Oh well back to widening the hole more than it should until I get it back. Probably will try to pick up a decent used one someday as a backup. Never thought I'd own one but now find its too handy not to have with me.
Back to top Go down
goonie1day
Platnium Member
Platnium Member

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Pin Pointer Probs   December 7th 2011, 10:04 pm

I knew you would feel like you could'nt live without it.Wink I tried to convince O.D. to get one. I hope they get you straightened out. In the mean time, you guys keep knocking them bucks down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=800870143
ConfCav
Platnium Member
Platnium Member

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Pin Pointer Probs   December 22nd 2011, 8:01 pm

Gotta say Garrett still has great Customer Service. Got my pinpointer to them finally (long story involving poor mail service, as well as return mail service) and they sent me a new one. No questions asked after reading my letter and doing their tests.

Was a diehard Garrett user for years; pretty much owned them all except for the Infinium since the late 70s. Kinda got away from them with the Whites and Minelab but started my son out with the Ace 250. Still good to see they provide the service they advertise. New one works fine so off to the dirt I go.
Back to top Go down

Garrett Pin Pointer Probs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
wedigdixie forum ::  :: -
Forum free | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forums