TNyoteboy (1277)

Verg (1223)

cwilli403 (1089)

brnn53 (888)

geocacher0844 (790)

Matt in NC (775)

Follow Us!
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of We Dig Dixie on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Awfully quiet out there...
Today at 1:48 pm by Opie

» A good columbian or just Folgers coffee,,,
Today at 1:46 pm by Opie

» New Display Cases "made"
Today at 1:08 pm by Papa Bear

» NPS gets it wrong again?
Yesterday at 2:07 pm by Papa Bear

» Before and after on a pistol
October 9th 2014, 8:52 pm by we digem

» cleaning silver
October 7th 2014, 9:31 pm by cwilli403

» Facebook page up and running.
October 7th 2014, 8:54 pm by Papa Bear

» A reminder about Banner nominations
October 7th 2014, 7:07 pm by Papa Bear

» UT Hunt with Matt and DFX #2
September 30th 2014, 8:25 pm by Papa Bear

» Western Branch of We Dig Dixie Hunt w/Matt in NC
September 29th 2014, 9:02 pm by Matt in NC

» UT Hunt with Matt and DFX #3
September 27th 2014, 1:25 pm by Papa Bear

» UT Hunt with Matt and DFX #1
September 27th 2014, 10:37 am by DW

» Troubles
September 27th 2014, 8:36 am by csachipper

» Anyone big fans of the Pivothead camera sunglasses?
September 26th 2014, 11:05 pm by cwilli403

» Checking to see if the photo posting is not working...
September 23rd 2014, 9:19 pm by Papa Bear

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

Jason in ID, Jcostin

Most users ever online was 88 on August 12th 2013, 3:06 pm
Statistics
We have 381 registered users
The newest registered user is Jerry SC

Our users have posted a total of 25142 messages in 3242 subjects
Share | 

nautilus 2b

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
behmphr

PostSubject: nautilus 2b   August 4th 2011, 8:45 pm

just a story. i notice that not too many people use the nautilus 2b. i have owned 3 of them in the past ten years and couldnt imagine using anything else. here a good story about the 2b. i went hunting at dispatch station in bottoms bridge new kent co with a couple of guys last year. the guy that lives there told me when we got into a field that he had dug a 32 pounder about 10 feet from where we were standing. well i put my cigarette out and turned my machine on and instantly got a reading. he was using a quicksilver and he tried it. nothing. the other guy tried it with his fisher nothing. so i dug the hole down 2 feet and got a stronger reading and they got a faint reading. so we dug the hole 5 feet altoghether and dug up the county gas line. i had gotten a reading on the copper coupling!!! i was using my newest 2b with the 15 inch head. my friends and i were stunned. we have all been hunting for 30 plus years and all remarked that we had never seen anything dig that deep before. just for the record i dug a nc sunburst 3 feet down with it the first week i owned it. patiently waiting for it to cool down so i can do some serious hunting. went out yesterday and hunted my area where i live. i have never found anything in my area here which is puzzling since gen. wilde and his african brigade was located here and at fort pocohantas for quite a spell. lots of rvolutionary happenings here too. charles city has been hunted extensivly but something comes up occaisionally and im keeping the faith baby!!!
Back to top Go down
rogue

PostSubject: Re: nautilus 2b   August 4th 2011, 9:47 pm

Hey Buzzard....been there...you won't find anything...lmao
Back to top Go down
southernbiker55

PostSubject: Re: nautilus 2b   August 4th 2011, 9:54 pm

Have you changed the tubes in that old 2b latley?
Back to top Go down
http://johnnyreb1755@yahoo.com
oledigger
Platnium Member
Platnium Member

PostSubject: 2B   August 5th 2011, 2:56 pm

I hunt with the orginal DMC and have dug quiet a few relics with it ,But now I have it as a backup since I use the F75. Both are great machines. Does the 2B have dual tones, and more knobs or is it similiar to the DMC?...............Oledigger Don.............NC
Back to top Go down
behmphr

PostSubject: Re: nautilus 2b   August 5th 2011, 10:54 pm

reply to oledigger. the 2b has 6 knobs on yhe face of it plus 2 knobs and a auto tune switch on the bottom of the box. if im correct the dmc has 5 knobs on the face. not really sure since ive only owned several (3)2bs and the only other md ive ever owned was a double eagle deep seeker that i got when i was 13 years old and hunted with it up to 1993 when i couldnt find the 64 volt battery for it anymore. man was that thing heavy compared to these machines of today. good luck on your next hunt and remember to keep your batteries fresh and your shovel oiled and sharp!!!! behmphr
Back to top Go down
brnn53
Silver Member

PostSubject: Re: nautilus 2b   August 6th 2011, 5:44 pm

The Nautilus is still the depth king I don't care what anybody says. If you are in good ground nothing can touch it. I dug a stirrup at over 3 feet and yes it was iron but it sounded like a conductive signal. I swing the 15" coil and can dig buckey balls as well as minies at extreme depth. Now,it is a heavy sucker and I am nearer to 60 than I was when I first bought it but I'll never get rid of it. I have the Tejon, F75, and just added the Gold Bug to my arsenal for difficult ground but I love the Naughty 2B and always will. It is the relic hunters tool!
Mike
Back to top Go down

nautilus 2b

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
wedigdixie forum ::  :: -
Free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forums